Gluten Free Beef Nachos
1lb ground beef (I use 96% lean)
1 large bag gluten free tortilla chips
1 medium size onion, chopped
1 minced clove garlic (large)
1-2 cups chopped grape tomatoes
1/2 cup sliced jalapeños
2 cups + 1/2 a cup or more shredded Colby jack cheese**
1-2 tsp each: chili powder and comino powder (cumin)
salt and pepper to taste
Brown the ground beef, mix in onions and garlic.
While the meat is cooking:
- Preheat it to 375 degrees.
- Chop / slice jalapeños and tomatoes. Grate your cheese if not already shredded.
- Line a large cookie /baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Pour the bag of tortilla chips onto the baking sheet and spread out.
After meat mixture is cooked:
- Top the chips with the meat. Spread evenly across all the chips.
- Top the meat with the tomatoes and MOST of the cheese*
- Add the peppers
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the peppers to keep them from browning too much.
Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted to your satisfaction. Use a spatula to place individual servings on a plate.
**NOTES: I place the peppers on last so that anyone who DOESN’T like peppers can easily spot them and remove them. I also sprinkle a little extra cheese over the peppers at the end because I don’t want the pepper cooked “too much.” This is a matter of preference. Some people like all the chips and peppers a little browned.
Friendly Reminder: Most cheese is gluten free unless you get a brand that adds different flavors or other ingredients. Always check the ingredients!
ENJOY your gluten free nachosCategories: Gluten Free Recipes