Gluten Free Fajita Nachos
1lb beef or chicken fajitas (cooked, chopped into bite size pieces)
1 large bag gluten free tortilla chips
1 medium size onion, chopped
1 large ripe tomato, chopped
1/2 -1 cup of fresh finely chopped cilantro (your taste decides more or less)
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 cups + 1/2 a cup or more shredded Colby jack cheese**
1-2 serrano peppers – sliced (or jalapeno if preferred)
salt and pepper to taste
Cook the fajitas according to directions.
While the fajitas are cooking:
- If you did not use your oven to cook the fajitas go ahead and preheat it to 375 degrees.
- Chop / slice all your vegetables. Grate your cheese if not already shredded.
- Line a large cookie /baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Pour the bag of tortilla chips onto the baking sheet and spread out.
After the fajitas are finished cooking:
- Slice or chop the fajitas into bite size pieces.
- Top the chips with the fajitas. Spread evenly across all the chips. (If you have a vegetarian in the crowd, who doesn’t mind cheese, you can always leave section w/o meat)
- Top the meat with the onions and bell peppers.
- Add the tomatoes and then the cilantro
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly across the pan of deliciousness
- Add the serrano peppers
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the peppers.
Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted to your satisfaction. Use a spatula to place individual servings on a plate.
**NOTES: I place the peppers on last so that anyone who DOESN’T like peppers can easily spot them and remove them. I also sprinkle a little extra cheese over the peppers at the end because I don’t want the pepper cooked “too much.” This is a matter of preference. Some people like all the chips and peppers a little browned.
Friendly Reminder: Most cheese is gluten free unless you get a brand that adds different flavors or other ingredients. Always check the ingredients!
ENJOY your gluten free nachosCategories: Gluten Free Recipes